CBC Carbon Footprint Webinar
Ce webinaire se déroulera en anglais. Les changements auront uniquement un impact sur les productions de la CBC et non sur celles de Radio-Canada.
As of January 3rd, 2022, CBC will be requiring completion and delivery of a carbon footprint on all original Canadian productions from independent producers with budgets over $400,000
- Press release about the changes.
DOC has invited CBC’s Environmental Sustainability Lead to guide our members through CBC’s new Green Initiatives on February 10th 2022 at 1pm ET. They will be your contact for any questions about completing or complying with the CBC’s green initiatives, so this is a great opportunity to hear from them directly and ask any questions.
Some useful tools from CBC ahead of our session:
- 90 second video on the carbon calculator tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-T47wQvKFA
- A link to the albert calculator to get an account: https://calc.wearealbert.org/request-account
- A link to One Stop Business Work shop – Green Week sessions that include demystifying green terms (Session 1), a producer panel on use of the carbon calculator (Session 2), along with a demo on how to use the carbon calculator (using a doc as the example): https://www.cbc.ca/businessandrights/one-stop-workshops/season-3
- A pdf of the sustainable production plan (for temporary use by productions with budgets under $400 k if they can’t do a carbon footprint calculation): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kFUBNTdSXIvFcSeRMlIYS5exhqD6kgdC/view?usp=sharing
- And finally, a link to other green production resources including a carbon calculator tip sheet; carbon calculation training in BC; Ontario and by BAFTA albert (open to residents anywhere worldwide): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kFUBNTdSXIvFcSeRMlIYS5exhqD6kgdC/view?usp=sharing
Executive Director, Business & Rights and Content Optimization, CBC
Environmental Sustainability Lead
Senior Manager, Environment
Executive in Charge of Development, Unscripted