DOC applauds Telefilm Canada's responsiveness to issues affecting the independent documentary community.
On August 17, 2017, Telefilm Canada announced important updates to the Theatrical Documentary Program as well as the Program’s key dates, following annual consultations with the Documentary Organization of Canada (DOC), with the collaboration of the Rogers Group of Funds.
- Opening date: September 8, 2017
- Closing date: September 22, 2017
- The minimum production budget is now $400,000, for production financing. There continues to be no minimum budget requirement for post-production assistance.
- Applicants may now access a combination of Telefilm and Rogers financing if they obtain an agreement in writing between the project’s Canadian distributor and an online video service available to Canadians to have the project shown in Canada within two (2) years of its completion.
- Theatrical distribution is still required.
Please visit Telefilm's Theatrical Documentary Program’s web page for details.