What is Festival Concierge?
Festival Concierge is a unique service offering DOC members support for the national and international festival distribution of their productions. We want to see more great Canadian docs in more film festivals! As gateways to the Canadian and international market, festivals can be important starting points in the commercial life of your film. But which festivals are best positioned to maximize your particular goals? Where should you premiere? What is the best way to make sure your film gets seen by the right people? Do you really have to pay the fee? Festival Concierge provides administrative services and strategic counsel to help you navigate the film festival world. Contact DOC to take advantage of this vital membership benefit.
Festival Concierge will:
- Save members’ time and money by easing their festival submission workload
- Build the knowledge and capacity of filmmakers to understand and navigate the festival world
- Forge alliances with domestic and international festivals on members’ behalf including key programmers and decision makers
- Strengthen the Canadian documentary brand abroad by becoming the go-to resource for festival programmers
The Festival Concierge service includes:
- Key intel about the Festival Market/Circuit submissions, waivers, and deadlines
To date we have built strong relationships with RIDM, Cinefest, VIFF, Sundance, Gimme Some Truth, SXSW, and DOXA among others.
- Festival Concierge E-Newsletter
Monthly bulletin exclusively for Festival Concierge subscribers (DOC and affiliate industry members). Contents will include enlightening interviews with festival programmers, case study festival strategies, important deadlines and more.
- Custom-designed Strategy and Consultation Services
Festival Concierge offers consultation services to documentary makers to build a festival strategy and exploit festivals and markets to the benefit of individual productions. Four for-fee consultation options to choose from. Each consultancy package Includes:
- An evaluation screening of your completed or in-progress film
- Detailed feedback, allowing you to see your film from a festival programmer’s point of view
- A tailored list of target festivals to help you maximize your festival submissions budget
- An optional introduction to an expert consultant in digital marketing or audience engagement
- The new Festival Concierge Catalogue
An exciting new service from DOC to connect your film with Festival Programmers in Canada and abroad.
The Catalgue is a listing of DOC-member projects, tailored and shared directly with senior festival programmers around the world.
Inclusion in the Catalogue is free and easy for DOC members.
Click here for the latest Festival Concierge news and events.
For more information, contact Julian Carrington at email@example.com. Follow the dedicated Festival Concierge Twitter feed and Facebook Page.