SODEC_LAB@ Hot Docs 2023: Call for Applications
DOC Quebec is proud to announce its first partnership with the Société de développement des entreprises culturelles (SODEC) as part of the SODEC_Lab @Hot Docs 2023. This SODEC_Lab will allow documentary producers belonging to underrepresented communities in Quebec to participate in the documentary market at the Hot Docs festival in Toronto.
Professional activities offered to selected individuals:
- Two preparatory workshops and individualized mentoring before departure for Hot Docs.
- Individualized mentoring and on-site support throughout the Industry professional market at Hot Docs.
- Access to all networking activities and conferences.
- Practical workshops and meetings with decision-makers present at Hot Docs (for 5 days).
Details about the offer:
- An in-depth introduction to the Hot Docs festival and the Industry & Forum component.
- Allowing underrepresented communities to integrate into the Canadian-English and international films circuit.
- Establishing relationships between Québécois producers and players in the Canadian-English and international documentary industry, accredited at Hot Docs.
- Accreditation (All access Hot Docs Industry).
- Flat-rate accommodation and transportation allowance.
Who can submit an application?
This initiative is aimed at documentary producers belonging to underrepresented communities* residing in Quebec:
- Who have attended the Hot Docs professional market (Industry & Forum) less than twice.
- Who have produced a documentary film (short, medium, long or a documentary series) that has been selected in a major festival or commercially released.
- Who have a relevant feature-length documentary project or a TV hour format for the Canadian-English and/or international market.
- Who is available for preparatory workshops (week of April 3 and 10, 2023).
- Who is available on-site at Hot Docs from May 1 to 5, 2023.
- Identifying as BIPOC;
- and/or a person with a disability;
- and/or identifying as LGBTQIA+;
- and/or residing outside of Montreal (in a rural area, at least 100 km outside of Montreal, using the shortest route).
Documents to provide:
A complete file (in French or English) including:
- The candidate’s CV;
- Short biography (100 words max);
- The registration form duly completed online by March 28, 2023, at 11:59 pm;
- A project file: synopsis, intentions, budget estimate (maximum 5 pages).
To submit your application, please fill out the online registration form and attach all required documents no later than March 28, 2023, at 11:59 pm