National Arts & Entertainment Health Care Plan
Members of the Documentary Organization of Canada (DOC) have exclusive access to a National Arts & Entertainment Health Care Plan!
Need personal health insurance? Your DOC membership gives you access to the popular Arts & Entertainment Plan — an affordable health insurance plan offered by the not-for-profit insurer AFBS. You can access the plan by getting an online quote and then enrolling online in several simple steps.
The Arts & Entertainment Plan® is designed to help artists manage their health care costs. DOC members are guaranteed acceptance* into the plan, with no medical questionnaires necessary and no refusals based on pre-existing conditions.
There are two plan options: Standard and Comprehensive. Both options offer dental, prescription drug, extended health care (hospital room, acupuncture, massage etc…), and travel emergency medical coverage. Both options also provide life and AD&D insurance and a Member and Family Assistance Program. There’s a monthly payment option available and premiums may be tax deductible.
The Arts & Entertainment Plan® website will give you a price quote in just two steps and it enables you to enroll in the plan and pay online by credit card.
For more information about the costs and benefits of the Arts & Entertainment Plan® you can go here.
*must be over 18 and under 71 to enroll*
The National Arts & Entertainment Health Care Plan offers:
- Prescription Drug
- Travel Emergency Medical
- Extended Health Care
- Life and AD&D
- Member and Family Assistance Program
- Guaranteed Acceptance (no medical exams, questionnaires)
To access these health benefits and more, enroll here today. To have access to this great plan you’ll need to use your DOC invoice as proof of DOC membership. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need your membership invoice.
Meet the national arts & entertainment health care plan team:
Principle DOC Contact
Affinity Programs and Business Development at AFBS
Principle DOC Contact
Assistant Manager, Benefit Operations at AFBS
About the Arts & Entertainment Plan:
The Arts & Entertainment Plan® is offered by ActraFraternal Benefit Society (AFBS), a Member-owned and governed, not-for-profit, federally incorporated insurance company operating since 1975. Learn more here.
- ACTRA Apprentice and Background Performers
- ACTRA RACS
- Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists
- Artist Run Centres and Collectives of Ontario
- Artists Advantage
- Arts BC
- ArtsLink NB
- Atlantic Filmmakers Cooperative
- Canadian Actors’ Equity Association
- Canadian Association of Professional Image Creators
- Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild
- Canadian Country Music Association
- Canadian Dance Assembly
- Canadian Disc Jockey Association
- Canadian Independent Recording Artists’ Association
- CARFAC Ontario
- Country Music Association of Ontario
- Craft Council of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Craft NB / Métiers d’art NB
- Craft Ontario
- Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance
- Media Arts Network of Ontario
- Music NB
- Nanaimo Arts Council
- On Screen Manitoba
- Orchestras Canada
- Screen Composers Guild of Canada
- Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada
- Theatre Direct
- Theatre Ontario